It is known the rumor that runs about both chocolate or sugar, that can leave dogs blind. Well is not only toxic to the dog but also for the cat. Consumption of cocoa itself may cause digestive, heart and nerve problems and also can finish with a sad ending. If is taken in large quantities it can be accompanied with gastric ulcers, vomiting and diarrhea, being the beginning of more problems in your pet.

That is why we might think that does not do anything to them and at certain times of year, birthdays, Easter or Christmas, when humans eat lots of sugar or chocolate and leave it unattended.

Lets go by points in relation to sugar, it makes the animal much more predisposed to obesity and especially diabetes.

How can we find out when our dog has the first signs of diabetes?

As you will be able to see how your dog will start to develop a bilateral cataract (eyes acquiring an opaque white layer) which will mean a decrease in their view. Other symptoms you may notice is the desire to drink without stopping, bulimia or urinating helplessly.

Therefore, sugary treats, candies, crackers or cookies, ice cream, pies, cakes …. are FORBIDDEN for your pet. If you do not give anything with sugar during his/her growth the pet as an adult sugary smell foods will not say anything to your pet.

The “good” part is that the cat is usually less sweet than the dog because it has fewer taste buds and therefore is more selective than the dog. The cat can choose from four tastes: bitter, salty, sweet and sour. The cat has all highly developed taste less than sweet, lacking taste buds sensitive to that flavor. But if the cat feels attracted to the food is because there will be added ingredients that can sense, which is eager to try.

What to do when a dog has eaten a chocolate bar?

Let him drink salt water or hydrogen peroxide diluted in water to cause vomiting, getting as much as possible expeled of what was ingested. The most important, call the vet and go as quickly as you can to your veterinarian, the type of chocolate or cookie they have eaten with the ingredients (so you know the percentage of chocolate). Chocolate has a very slow elimination process on the body, most likely the pet will remain under veterinary supervision, on an intensive care for 24 hours. The purer the cocoa the pet eats, much worse!

So #petlovers take care as these ingredients are very dangerous for your pet, and we recommend that you do not give them any of them. If you feel like cooking, then have a look at the recipes we post in our blog, where you will find homemade good treats for their health. Also, if you are not of those who are in the kitchen, nothing to worry about, we also give you a solution with the treats we will have in our store (all natural ) very soon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *